49 E. State Avenue
Built in 1913 by a Meridian businessman, the Ernest F. Hunt House is architecturally significant as the most handsome example of the residential bungalow style developed by the firm of Tourtellotte and Hummel of Boise. Located at 49 East State Avenue, this distinguished representative of pre-1920s architecture features extended rafters and elaborate gables as well as light cantilevered side bays and a roofline of interest, through a front slope around a large gabled dormer. These characteristics introduce a more formal overall appearance than is generally encountered in a bungalow. The arrangement of windows in the building includes double-hung sashes of various sizes. To the left of the entry is a traditional triple group with a wide central element and the builder observed the traditional Victorian system of designating the lighted front room as the parlor, entered from a front entry hall.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the E.F. House: