139 E. Idaho Avenue
Built in 1913 this was originally an embossed iron building, the street façade was later stuoccoed. The building first housed a furniture, mercantile, and variety store. A glimpse of the original iron siding is visible at the rear. When the building was used as a grocery store there was a significant fire. Next door was the state liquor dispensary. After the fire more of the dispensarys inventory was missing then what was lost in the fire at the grocery store. It has been suggested that early residents may have had a nice time after the fire was put out.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Hoyne Building: