136 E. Idaho Ave
Built in 1903 originally for Harrell & Pfaffle Co. with commercial space on the first floor and apartments on the second floor, it was a very modern building for its time. The second floor was also home to a public bathing room. A visitor from out of town could rent a bathing room to clean up before the Saturday night dance. Early retail tenants were Struves and Garretts succeeded by the Cash Bazaar in 1933. Most recently it housed the Ground Floor, an incubator for local small businesses.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Idaho Building: