Community Development Block Grant Program
What is CDBG?
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program is a flexible program that provides funding to address a wide range of unique community development needs. The City of Meridian receives CDBG funds annually from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
City of Meridian Objectives
The City has adopted a five (5) year consolidated plan that spans from 2017 to 2021, which focuses on 1) improving accessibility, 2) enhancing homeownership opportunities, and 3) providing social services to Meridian low- and moderate-income residents. All activities that are funded must meet one of these objectives.
Accessing CDBG Funding
Community partners interested in furthering the goals of the consolidated plan are invited to apply for CDBG funding every spring. The Community Development Program Coordinator will work with potential applicants to determine if the project qualifies as a Meridian CDBG project. Recommended projects will be presented to City Council for final approval.
Contact us at any time throughout the year if you would like feedback on a potential project.
Click on the "Announcements" tab for information such as public hearing notices and application announcements.
Program Year 2019 October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020)
- Boys & Girls Club
Scholarship Program at Meridian Facility
- CATCH, Inc. SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) Care Coordination
- The Jesse Tree of Idaho
Homebuyer Assistance Program
- Streetlight Installation Near Chief Joseph Elementary (PY18 project)
- Streetlight Installation near Meridian Middle and Meridian High Schools
- Sidewalk Improvements Near Carlton Avenue (PY17 project)
- Contractor’s Guide to Davis-Bacon: Prevailing Wage Requirements for Federally-Assisted Construction Projects
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determination
- Making Davis Bacon Work: A Practical Guide for States, Indian Tribes and Local Agencies
- FY19 Income Guidelines (effective April 24, 2019)
- Map: LMI Area (effective April 1, 2019)
- Map: Redevelopment Area (effective January 16, 2018)
- Playing by the Rules: A Handbook for CDBG Subrecipients on Administrative Systems
- ZoomGrants Reimbursement Request Guide
- ZoomGrants Reporting Guide
City of Meridian Fair Housing Website
Our Path Home (services for those experiencing homelessness)
Fair Housing Act
Planning and Reporting
The Consolidated Plan identifies the housing and community needs of the City, organizes these needs based on priority, identifies resources that address the community’s needs, and establishes annual goals and objectives to meet those needs within a 5-year plan period
Annual Action Plan
The annual action plan spells out specifically how the City will address the goals and objectives in the Consolidated Plan during the program year.
Funding Opportunity: Public Service Projects
The application for CDBG Public Service funding is available April 1, 2020 to May 1, 2020. Click on the link below to apply:
PY19 Action Plan Amendment
The City is amending the PY19 Action Plan to reallocate funding. There will be a public hearing during the 6 pm Council meeting on April 7, 2020. This is open for public comment from March 6, 2020 to April 7, 2020. Please send all questions and comments to Crystal.