Office of the City Clerk
The mission of the City Clerk’s Office is to provide quality customer service to members of the public and City staff the Meridian Way by holding true to the City’s C.A.R.E. Values (Customer Service, Accountability, Respect and Excellence).
The City Clerk maintains the records of the City while providing a formal link between the citizens and their government. The goal is to seek and implement the best possible solutions for access and management of the City’s official records.
Duties of the Office
- Custodian of city seal
- Legal noticing and publishing
- Document the proceedings of City Council meetings
- Maintain and keep all public records, ordinances, resolutions and orders of the City Council
- Furnish copies of public records
- Maintain City Code
- Administer Oath of Office for elected officials
- Maintain current appointments to City commissions
- Issue permits and licenses
- Accept claims against the City
- Accept local election candidate filing and campaign finance forms; ensure local elections properly administered
Explore the links on the left. If you do not find what you are looking for, call our office at 208-888-4433 or email us at email@example.com. We will be happy to help!