City Hall is currently closed to the public in an effort to comply with state and federal guidance to slow the spread of COVID-19. All Community Development staff are working remotely until further notice. The strategies to minimize the impact of this pandemic virus are changing rapidly and we will make every effort to communicate changes to our level of service. For the most current information from the City of Meridian, visit our website here: meridiancity.org/coronavirus or State of Idaho: https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.
The City of Meridian Community Development Department will continue to provide services to the best of our ability. Here is what you can expect as far as continuity of services:
The Building Services Division will continue to process permits via our Citizen’s Access Portal (ACA) and we have permit technicians working remotely, ready to answer questions and problem solve any issues that you may experience. Staff is able to help online, by phone, or through email. All applications can be applied for, reviewed, processed and paid for electronically through our customer citizen’s access portal.
To speak with a permit technician over the telephone please dial (208) 887-2211.
All building inspection services are still operational. Occupied residence inspection requests will be handled on a case by case basis and may be postponed to comply with CDC guidelines.
Please notify us if anyone in your home/business is ill. You may also expect screening questions regarding the health of occupants prior to an inspection being scheduled. Please note the following:
• If illness or symptoms strike after an inspection is scheduled, please contact the Building Services Division at (208) 887-2211 to postpone an inspection, even if it is the same day.
• Inspectors will wear gloves in your home. The inspector may wear a face mask at the discretion of the inspector.
• We will ask all customers, including contractors and building owners, to maintain a space of at least six-feet or more from inspectors when on-site.
• An inspector may immediately suspend the inspection at any time, for any reason, for their safety and the safety of the customer.
• Courtesy viewings and other non-essential site visits are suspended until further notice.
• As feasible, Inspectors will continue site visits for active permits, essential visits, and for code compliance activities.
If you need to reach the Building Official, please call 208-489-0324. To schedule a meeting, please call the Building Services Administrative Assistant at 208-489-0315.
The Planning Division is committed to meeting the business needs of our valued customers. All Planning team members will continue to be available via phone or email. Please call 208-884-5533 to speak to a permit technician or to be routed to a planner. You can submit any Planning application digitally by sending a single zip file with each checklist item as an individual PDF to any Planning team member. The Planner you email the application to will pre-screen the transmitted documents to verify all checklist items are present. If any of the checklist items are missing, you will receive an email requesting that you send the additional items. Once the application completes the pre-screen process, you will receive an email from a team member providing you with instructions on how to pay the applicable application fees. You can monitor your project’s progress through the Accela Citizen Access portal.
If you have questions regarding long-range planning, the City’s Comprehensive Plan, or any other planning-related inquiries please reach out to Caleb Hood (firstname.lastname@example.org), (208) 489-0572.
Land Development Services
The Land Development division will continue operations with few interruptions. Continuity of work has required process changes that customers should be aware of:
• If you need a final plat mylar reviewed, please ensure the most recent copy is made available digitally when you submit your application to planning. We will work with you on a case by case basis to determine the best way to get your signed mylar once all City reviews are complete.
• All other plan review will be done online via the Citizen Access Portal or email.
• For now, approved projects do not require a hard copy returned to us; you will need to provide PDF copies of the approved plans with all agency signatures either via email or uploaded to the Citizen Access Portal (a hard copy for the Public Works inspector will be required at the preconstruction meeting).
The City understands the challenges businesses are facing during this unprecedented time. We appreciate the efforts businesses are taking to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 to vulnerable persons and delay the spread of COVID-19 within our community in order to avoid overwhelming our medical system.
We are here to serve as a resource to assist the business community wherever possible. We’ve prepared a quick Resources for Recovery summary.
Business Guidelines - Central District Health
Food Establishment Guidance - Central District Health
Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Guide
PROMOTING LOCAL BUSINESS Do you have online products, take-out or curbside delivery, or gift cards available? Tell us what goods and services you’re providing, and we’ll help spread the word. Email us at: email@example.com