Municipal Small Business Grant Program
As of 5:00 pm, December 30, 2020 the Small Business Grant Program has closed.
All program funds have been earmarked for applications currently in the queue. If you are a wait-list applicant who submitted an application between December 17 and December 30, you will be contacted should additional funds become available.
The Meridian City Council has designated $1 million from the City’s CARES Act funding to provide grants to assist small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Qualifying businesses and organizations can receive up to $15,000 in the form of reimbursements for eligible incurred COVID-19 related expenses. Grants will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Number of Employees*||Application Date|
|100 or fewer||September 30, 2020|
|101-250||October 21, 2020|
|251-500||November 4, 2020|
* full time equivalent employees
The State of Idaho identifies the following eligible expenses that are necessary COVID-19 related expenditures not accounted for in operating budgets as of March 27, 2020. Grants may be used to reimburse the costs of business interruption caused by required closures, incurred between June 20 and December 30, 2020 and not previously reimbursed by other State and Federal CARES Act programs or insurance, which may include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Prepare to Apply
- Review the Meridian Municipal Small Business Grant Program Criteria thoroughly to determine if you’re eligible
- Complete the IDA-20 form and save to easily access when your application period opens
- Compile eligible expense documentation including proof of payment in a single PDF. If requesting rent reimbursement, include an executed lease agreement
- Set a reminder for the date and time your application period opens, have your EIN number ready, complete the online application, and upload all required documentation in PDF format
- Review the Application Instructions which will guide you through the online application portal
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-489-0537.
Q: My business has a Meridian business or mailing address, but also operates outside of the City limits. Am I eligible for MMSBG funds?
Q: I have a business that is operated from my home. Can I seek reimbursement of funds for my mortgage?
Q: Can my business receive funds for reimbursement of expenses if I have already received Idaho Rebounds Grant funds?
Q: Our organization received funding from local banks and other non-profits to help with COVID-related expenses. Can we still receive MMSBG funds?
This grant is made possible through the work of Governor Brad Little, State Controller Brandon Woolf, the Association of Idaho Cities and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The Governor’s Coronavirus Financial Advisory Committee created this grant to help local businesses affected by the COVID-190 pandemic, enabling cities to provide aid within their communities.