Tours of your local fire station are available upon request. Station tours last approximately 30 minutes and include viewing the fire engine and fire fighting equipment, as well as talking to the firefighters about their job.
- Fire station tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance and not more than 3 months in advance.
- Fire station tours may be scheduled between the hours of 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM - Monday through Saturday. Evening tours are scheduled on a limited case by case basis.
- Preschool groups or daycares must be in the Meridian Fire District.
- Maximum number of total participants per tour is 15. Adequate chaperones are required during the tour to ensure your children’s safety. (We suggest one chaperone for every 5 children)
- Only one visit per day, per fire station can be scheduled. If you have more than one group, you will need to submit a separate tour request for each group and their visits will need to be scheduled on different days.
- Fire stations remain “in-service” during tours. Fire companies may need to respond to emergencies at any time. The crew may not be available upon your arrival or may be called out during your tour. If this happens it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting. If this occurs, we will be happy to reschedule your tour, however, due to a high volume of requests, rescheduling your tour is not a guarantee.
Starting February 27, 2023 we can no longer accommodate ride-along requests. Please check back in the Fall of 2023.