Station Tours & Events
Tours of your local fire station are available upon request. Station tours last approximately 30 minutes and include viewing the fire engine and fire fighting equipment, as well as talking to the firefighters about their job.
- Fire station tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance and not more than 3 months in advance.
- Fire station tours may be scheduled between the hours of 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM - Monday through Saturday. Evening tours are scheduled on a limited case by case basis.
- Tours are not scheduled the third week of the month. The crews are in training this week of every month.
- Preschool groups or daycares must be in the Meridian Fire District.
- Maximum number of total participants per tour is 25. Adequate chaperones are required during the tour to ensure your children’s safety. (We suggest one chaperone for every 5 children)
- Only one visit per day, per fire station can be scheduled. If you have more than one group, you will need to submit a separate Tour Request for each group and their visits will need to be scheduled on different days.
- Fire stations remain “in-service” during tours. Fire companies may need to respond to emergencies at any time. The crew may not be available upon your arrival or may be called out during your tour. If this happens it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting. If this occurs, we will be happy to reschedule your tour.
To schedule the Fire Department to come to your location please contact our Public Educator, Pam Orr at email@example.com or 884-0597.