There are a variety of ways individuals and organizations can help strengthen our community through substance abuse prevention. Donations of time, skills and fiscal sponsorships are critical contributions to sustaining the prevention work we do.
Donation of Time
- 30 minutes a month or less: prevention delivered to your inbox. Learn about upcoming prevention events, drug trends impacting our youth and much more in two monthly prevention updates. (None of your information will be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.) Click here to sign up for twice monthly MADC emails.
- 1-2 hours a month: join us at MADC's monthly meetings to learn more about the work we do, volunteer opportunities, meet community partners and more. Learn more about our meetings.
- 2+ hours a month: by serving in a one year leadership position as a Sector Representative you can help develop and select prevention strategies and programming the coalition will include in their strategic plan. Click here if you are interested in serving as a Sector Rep.
- You choose: let us know how you would like to be involved, what skills you would like to share or volunteer to help run one of our booths at a community event. Times and dates vary. Click here to get involved.
Donation of Money
If you choose to make a cash donation, any amount will help support the work we do and 100% of your donation will go into strengthening our community through substance abuse prevention. From $5.00 for a single prevention packet that teaches families how to use a drug test as a positive prevention tool, to $7895 to show prevention education Public Service Announcements created by Meridian youth at the Majestic and Village Theaters, your contributions are a vital part of the work we do.
Below are some examples of MADC budget items, how much they are and how they are spent on prevention strategies and programming.
(The City of Meridian’s Finance Department serves as the coalitions fiscal agent. Donations of $25 or more are eligible for a Tax Deduction Letter sent upon request once monthly.)
- $100/year Coalition Volunteer Recognition: each year coalition members nominate a fellow MADC member as volunteer of the year for their dedication to reducing substance abuse in our community. Awardees have their name placed on a plaque, receive a gift card and certificate of appreciation.
- $300/bi-annual (even numbered years) Dinners for School Teachers, Nurses, Counselors and other attendees at the Teens & Substance Abuse Training.
- $370/year Drug Free School Zone Signs: schools throughout West Ada School District post Drug Free School Zone signs in highly visible areas as you enter campus and at event locations. MADC continuously works to ensure new schools receive signs and old unreadable signs are replaced.
- $500/year Natural High Ambassador: each year in partnership with The Meridian Speedway, MADC selects a youth who chooses to live a drug free life and has pursued their Natural High of racing, to be an ambassador for MADC. During this partnership the MADC logo is placed on the youth’s race car and they attend CableONE Movie night to sign autographs.
- $600/year CableONE Movie Night, Single Night Sponsorship: in years past our prevention education has reached more than 1000 community members during a single CableONE movie night. Prevention education at this event includes a brief introduction of MADC’s work presented by the coalition’s director and a two-minute onscreen educational message. In addition, we setup our fun and interactive education booths featuring free Polaroid pictures as part of the Natural High Campaign, trivia contests, Impaired Vision Goggles and Parent Prevention Packets (with free drug tests).
- $800/year Prevention Education Giveaways: the following items have a prevention education message/function and are given to community members as we implement prevention strategies throughout the year- Timer Caps, K9 Trading Cards, THC Swab Tests, BAC Key Chains, Bookmarks and Polaroid Film for the Natural High Campaign, Red Ribbon Week Items (Frisbees, Pens & Pencils, Lanyards, Bracelets)
- $1000/year Prevention Training: MADC supports its members and partners’ attendance at the Annual Idaho Conference on Alcohol and Drug Dependency and the Idaho Prevention & Support Conference. If funding is available, MADC Executive Committee members may request to have their registration fees reimbursed by MADC.
- $1,500/year Drug Tests: As part of our Prevention Packets we teach families how a free drug test can be used as a positive prevention tool empowering youth to make safe decisions when faced with peer pressure. Prevention packets are available through: West Ada School District Parent Information Classes (held monthly during the school year), Back to School Nights, Parent Teachers Conferences, MADC Speaking Engagements and Community Events. Downloadable version of the Prevention Packet.
- $2,120/year for 2 Tobacco Compliance Check Operations: working directly with law enforcement MADC’s goal is to implement two of these evidence based strategies each year to reduce underage access to and use of tobacco products. Compliant retail establishments receive a certificate of compliance and a thank you letter from MADC.
- $7,630/year for 2 Alcohol Compliance Check & Shoulder Tap Operations: working directly with law enforcement MADC’s goal is to implement two of these evidence based strategies each year to reduce underage drinking. Retail establishments that are not issued a citation receive a certificate of compliance and a thank you letter from MADC.
- $7895/year Movie Theatre Public Service Announcements (PSAs): MADC works with local youth to create substance abuse prevention PSAs to be shown at The Village and Majestic Theatres. We choose two months during the winter holidays and the summer (peak movie going seasons) to show these locally created 30 second PSAs.