by Mayor Tammy
It’s hard to believe that we are already halfway through November! Fall is always a time of reflection for me – and as I reflect, I can’t help but be thankful. Some days it’s much easier to focus on the negative as it seems that’s all we see on social media and on the news. It’s important to take a deep breath and fill our thoughts with thankfulness. I made a list of what I’m most thankful for. You’ll see my top 10 below, I encourage you to do the same.
- My dream job! I have had the immense pleasure of serving as your Mayor for the past 16 years. A dream job that I have enjoyed each day. Such an honor and a privilege!
- #MyMeridian – we live in such an amazing community, full of incredible and giving people.
- The City of Meridian Employees! I can’t tell you how much I will miss the people I work with each day. We have built an incredible culture at the City, and I am so proud of the over 500 employees that serve you each day. They do it with their heart and soul, because they truly care! Safe community, responsive, customer focused, stewardship, innovative…I could go on and on!
- Our incredible parks – over 400 acres of beautiful green space with every amenity you could ever want. Parks, or the lack of, is the reason I first got involved in the City – and just look at them now! I can’t wait to spend my newly discovered free time strolling in Settlers Park, or playing with my grandkids at Discovery Park. And I will forever be thankful for the unbelievable gift of generosity that came with the amazing donation of Kleiner Park – a gift that keeps on giving to Meridian and Treasure Valley families.
- The Meridian Food Bank – a community organization that operates 100% on the kindness and dedication of volunteers and donations. I am so thankful that the Meridian Food Bank is there to ensure there are “no empty bowls” in Meridian.
- Idaho – I am so thankful for this beautiful state and all that it offers. The joy of all four seasons and the mountains, valleys, and water it offers to us to play and enjoy nature.
- Friends! I am constantly surrounded by people that motivate and inspire me to be the best person I can be.
- Our Veterans – that small percentage that have risked it all to protect this great country. I am thankful each and every day to these brave men and women (and their families) who have sacrificed so much so that we can be free.
- God – I am so thankful for my relationship with God and how that has become even stronger through my work with the faith Community in Meridian. This group, made up of people from all backgrounds, beliefs, and denominations has taught me so much about what discipleship is and what it truly means to live a faith-filled life.
- Importantly, MY FAMILY! This is what I am most thankful for. My supportive husband that has been a sounding board and ‘shoulder to lean on’ during this roller-coaster ride of life with me for approaching 32 years. My wonderful children, that fill my heart and make me proud of. And – my grandkids that I hope to have many adventures with in my free time.
Making this list, I can’t help but smile. I could list hundreds of things that I am thankful for! I am so incredibly grateful and feel so blessed! I am wishing all of you a season of blessings ~ Happy Thanksgiving!