The Meridian Police Department is looking for applicants with a drive to serve our community. MPD and the City of Meridian take great pride in our work with our citizens and our ability to come together in partnership helping Meridian to be consistently recognized as one of the best communities to raise a family in the United States. If you are a person with the unique desire to give back and help our department continue to grow into the best law enforcement agency in the country, then we are the right fit for you.
Applications for Police Officer positions are only accepted when the position is posted as open.
Please direct all recruiting questions to PDrecruiting@meridiancity.org
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have completed 60 credits from an accredited university or college, OR
- have 4 years prior military service with honorable discharge, OR
- have an Idaho Basic P.O.S.T Certificate or an out-of-state equivalent
- Meet all Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) requirements for certification in the State of Idaho.
Applicants must not:
- Have any felony convictions
- Have any misdemeanor convictions in the last five (5) years
- Meet the above standards
- Have previous law enforcement experience and/or training