Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Recycling for Meridian Residents
Meridian households have several free and convenient options to safely recycle and dispose of their hazardous materials:
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Events:
You can drop off household hazardous waste at these weekly collection events (except holidays). No business hazardous waste accepted.
Days & Hours
Every Monday (except holidays)
Hours: Noon – 7:00 p.m.
Location: 2130 W. Franklin (Republic Services)
Look for the EnviroGuard Truck!
The following list of materials can be brought to the Meridian mobile collection site. Larger quantities or pickup truck-sized loads of household hazardous waste must be taken to the permanent collection facility at the Ada County Hidden Hollow Sanitary Landfill.
Acceptable Household Hazardous Waste include:
Latex Paint, Oil-based Paint & Other Finishes
- Latex Paint
|Fluorescent Tubes and Bulbs
Note: Alkaline batteries may go in the trash
- Nickel-Cadmium (NiCads or rechargeable)
- Lithium Ion button
- Nickel Metal Hydride (No-MH)
- Auto Batteries
Solvents and Thinners
- Paint Thinner
- Brush Cleaner
- Mineral Spirits
|Used Motor Oil and Auto Products
- Motor Oil
- Auto Batteries
- Brake and Transmission fluids
- Car Wax
- Camping Fuel
- Butane and Propane (small tanks)
- All Purpose Cleaners
- Metal Polishes
|Pesticides and Other Garden Chemicals
- Weed Killer
|Roofing Tar and Adhesives
- Solvent-based Cement
- Etching Acids
- Spray Paint
- Oven Cleaners
Acceptable Electronic Waste include:
|Computer Systems and Accessories
- CRT Monitors
- LCD Displays
- UPS Systems
- Keyboards & Mice
- Hard Drives
- Optical Drives
- Wires & Cables
|Audio & Video Equipment
- Televisions 27" & Under*
- Game Systems
- Fax Machines
- Photo Copiers
- Surge Protectors
- Adding Machines
- Cell Phones
- Two-Way Radios
* Televisions larger than 27 inches in size and console televisions (i.e. televisions in a wood cabinet) must be taken to the Ada County Hidden Hollow Sanitary Landfill, Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Printable Documents for additional Recycling and Safe Disposal Opportunities
- The Household Hazardous Waste flyer contains information about our collection events and the items accepted for disposal.
- There are several locations in Meridian to recycle your Used Motor Oil.
- Prescription Drug Disposal: Free. Anonymous. Convenient. The Meridian Police Department provides safe disposal of leftover prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs.
- Home Generated Sharps should not be disposed of in the trash. Meridian households may get a FREE Sharps Container from our waste hauler Republic Services, Inc.
For more information please contact:
- Meridian Public Works Department – Environmental Division 489-0351
- Boise Public Works Department 384-3901
- Ada County Solid Waste 577-4725
- Republic Services, Inc. 345-1265