140 E. Idaho Avenue
Built in 1908 this is an excellent example of a classic Tourtellotte and Hummel façade building. Merged with the Meridian Exchange Bank in 1912, the building was used to house the Meridian Post Office. In 1938 Elite Cleaners was housed in the building until recently when a silk screen business purchased the site. It was awarded the award by the Chamber of Commerce for being the best improvement in town, when the front was painted a peach color.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Bank of Meridian: