77 E. Idaho Avenue
Built in 1902, this building housed the Modern Woodmen of America. The group was organized on June 2, 1899 with reorganization in 1901. The Woodman Hall was dedicated January 3, 1902. Its foundation was made of lava rock as were many building in the area. Lodge meetings were originally held on the upper floor of the building, accessed by the outside stairway on the south side. A lodge social hall in the basemen was entered by way of a stairway from Idaho Ave. The Vickers & Sims Hardware Co. occupied the main floor for many years followed by Louderbough Hardware. More recently the building was remodeled and renamed the Heritage Building.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents the Modern Woodman Hall: