Terms of Public’s Use of City of Meridian Website
The purpose of this website is to distribute information regarding activities, opportunities, and services of the City of Meridian and the members of the Meridian community. Any comment or materials posted by a User of this site may be attributed only to that User, and does not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of the City of Meridian, its employees or officials.
The City of Meridian does not warrant the accuracy of any statement or claim made here, is not responsible for any User-generated content, and does not endorse any opinion expressed here. All Users must comply in all respects with the Terms of Public’s Use of City of Meridian Website. The following terms shall also apply:
1. The City’s primary designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(2) and 37 C.F.R. § 201.38) is the Meridian City Attorney, DMCA-1027661,
registered at http://www.copyright.gov. Repeat infringers’ use will be suspended, and may
be temporarily or permanently blocked or discontinued.
2. The City seeks to serve all its constituents by hosting an open but civil dialogue. Reasonable arguments for opposing views are encouraged.
3. Users shall have no right of privacy on the City’s social media sites, as such sites may be or contain public records subject to disclosure pursuant to the Idaho Public Records Act and the City’s records retention schedule.
4. Content posted by a member of the public on any City of Meridian social media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only. Publication of a comment does not imply
endorsement of, or agreement by, the City of Meridian, nor do such comments necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the City of Meridian.
5. Comments should relate to the topic being discussed in the original post, should not contain random or unintelligible information or text, should not be wholly an advertisement of commercial products or services.
6. Comments containing or uploading any of the following inappropriate forms of content are subject to removal and/or restriction:
conditions of use of this site, or any applicable federal, state or local law;
b. Profane, obscene, indecent, violent, or pornographic content and/or language;
c. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin;
d. Defamatory or personal attacks;
e. Threats to any person or organization;
f. Encouragement or incitement of illegal activity;
g. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public
h. Content that violates a known legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party; or
i. Any content that contains or perpetuates a virus, corrupted file, or other defect or program that may cause damage.
7. All use of this site shall be bound by the terms and conditions of this site. Where
appropriate, the City may report any violation of such terms and conditions.
8. A User’s submission, posting, or other publication of a comment or other content constitutes acceptance of these terms.
9. These terms may be revised at any time.