North Meridian Rd. & West Pine Avenue
Patterned after a typical one-room schoolhouse, the building was a temporary classroom for Meridian Rural High School. In 1937, it was moved to the corner of Pine and Meridian and served as a classroom before spending 30 years as a storage facility. It was restored in 1993 as a one-room schoolhouse for the City. Longtime Meridian resident and former teacher, Betty Kussler, was the curator for the building for many years. She would open the building every Saturday for public tours. The Meridian School District now maintains the building. It can be opened by special request for school tours. The building houses artifcats, photos, and many stories for guests to enjoy while they journey back in time.
Meridian historian Lila Hill presents: