The Building Services Division will continue to process permits via our Citizen’s Access Portal (ACA) and we have permit technicians working remotely, ready to answer questions and problem solve any issues that you may experience. Staff is able to help online, by phone, or through email. All applications can be applied for, reviewed, processed and paid for electronically through our customer citizen’s access portal.
To speak with a permit technician over the telephone please dial (208) 887-2211.
All building inspection services are still operational. Occupied residence inspection requests will be handled on a case by case basis and may be postponed to comply with CDC guidelines.
Please notify us if anyone in your home/business is ill. You may also expect screening questions regarding the health of occupants prior to an inspection being scheduled. Please note the following:
• If illness or symptoms strike after an inspection is scheduled, please contact the Building Services Division at (208) 887-2211 to postpone an inspection, even if it is the same day.
• Inspectors will wear gloves in your home. The inspector may wear a face mask at the discretion of the inspector.
• We will ask all customers, including contractors and building owners, to maintain a space of at least six-feet or more from inspectors when on-site.
• An inspector may immediately suspend the inspection at any time, for any reason, for their safety and the safety of the customer.
• Courtesy viewings and other non-essential site visits are suspended until further notice.
• As feasible, Inspectors will continue site visits for active permits, essential visits, and for code compliance activities.
If you need to reach the Building Official, please call 208-489-0324. To schedule a meeting, please call the Building Services Administrative Assistant at 208-489-0315.
Building Services is part of the Development Services Division. Both operate within the overall Community Development.
Building Services is responsible for all activities associated with structural, fire, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits within the City of Meridian for residential, commercial and industrial projects. These activities include permit application, plan review, permit issuance and field inspection.
Other permits handled by Building Services include remodels, mobile homes, fences, sheds, garages, foundations, fireplaces, and demolition.
Meridian Minute - Jan/Feb 2020
Meridian Minute - November 2019
Police, Fire & Parks Impact Fee’s - Effective October 1, 2019
ACHD Impact Fee Increase 2019 - Effective October 1, 2019
New Application Process - Effective June 3, 2019
ePlan Review Services “Go Live” - Effective June 3, 2019
ACHD Impact Fee Increase 2019 - Effective January 1, 2019
Residential Structural - Inspection Process
Residential Inspection Process - Update 8/15/2018
Code Adoption MEMO - Effective January 1, 2018
For information about energy efficiency programs for your business, check out what Idaho Power has to offer.
Hours of Operation:
7:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday