I’m a Meridian mom, your neighbor in District 2, and your representative honored to serve a second term on our Meridian City Council. In 2019, I ran for office as a political newcomer because I wanted our residents to have a strong, and independent voice with the professional skills to help us handle all of the growth we are experiencing. With growth as our biggest challenge and opportunity, my previous political campaigns have declined political contributions from real estate developers to maintain people’s trust.
I was born and raised in the Treasure Valley. I have an extensive professional background in finance and commercial real estate which includes co-founding my own company, investing in companies through seed funding, and managing a loan syndication team for a large commercial bank. I have been blessed to be a Meridian mom of four, married to my husband for over 17 years, and we recently welcomed twins into our family. During the pandemic I was given the opportunity to homeschool my children as well. I volunteer and give to various organizations, have spent time in the past teaching at our synagogue, and continue to serve at different times on public and private boards.
On our City Council I like delving deep into how we can make the best decisions for Meridian. Here are some examples of the issues I care about:
- Developing our local Meridian economy including our job base so fewer people need to add to traffic to get to work.
- Growing wisely while protecting our quality of life.
- Expecting developers to meet the high standards that Meridian deserves.
- Keeping Meridian debt-free.
- Finding sustainable approaches to save money for taxpayers through reduced future operating costs.
- Embracing proven technology to conserve our resources.
- Collaborating with our partners at ACHD and West Ada to collectively address the challenges that come from growth with schools and traffic.
- Respecting our neighborhoods and the heritage that makes Meridian special.
Term expires: January 2028