Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

You can go to any Meridian Fire Station and have your blood pressure checked, at no charge.

Individuals living outside of city limits who wish to burn are required to get a burn permit through the Idaho Department of Lands during burning season, which runs May 10th through October 20th. Rules on open burning.

Meridian Fire Department has designated personnel that are trained and certified to do Car Seat Checks. Please call Fire Public Education Division to schedule your car seat check: 208-884-0597  

To get a letter stating that your Certified Family Home is in the Meridian Fire District, contact the Fire Administration offices at 208-888-1234, or send your request to Please be sure to include the address of the Certified Family Home.

The $25 inspection fee must be received before a Day Care Inspection will be scheduled. You may pay in person or mail a check to 33 E. Broadway Ave. #210, Meridian ID 83642. When mailing in your payment please include your name and phone number so we can reach you. You can also pay by debit/credit card on our webpage.  Once payment is received the Fire Inspector will be in touch with you to schedule the inspection.
More information about daycare inspections.

Apply for your Mobile Vendor Permit with the City Clerks Office Online or In Person:

33 E. Broadway Ave. #104, Meridian, ID 83642

To pay for your Fire Inspection permit you can go online or visit the Meridian Fire Administration Office

33 E. Broadway Ave. #210, Meridian, ID 83642


Once complete, someone from Meridian Fire will contact you to schedule your inspection.


If you are interested in donating a home to the Meridian Fire Department for the use of Training, please see the attached list of requirements. For further information, contact Division Chief of Training, Jordan Reese at 208-888-1234 or

Meridian Fire Department does not service Fire Extinguishers nor do we support any specific company.

To schedule your Annual Fire and Life Safety Inspection, contact our administration office at 208-888-1234 or

It is not required to get a burn permit for Fire Pits or Ceremonial Fires. Please refer to our Open Burning page to get more information on Fire Pits and Ceremonial Fires.

Meridian Fire Department does not accept Household Hazardous Wastes. Household Hazardous Wastes can be dropped off at Republic Services every Monday from 12noon-7pm, except major holidays. Look for the Enviroguard truck located at 2130 W. Franklin Rd. (between Ten Mile and Linder). To get more information, you may contact Republic Services at 345-1265. For additional information, visit our household hazardous waste webpage. There are also other locations located in the Treasure Valley that collects HHW, Click here to see a schedule.

In order to get an Incident Report, you must fill out a Public Records Request Form. This interactive form can be found online, here.

If you have a concern regarding a Juvenile Fire Setter, contact our Public Education Division at 884-0597, or For more general information on Juvenile Fire Setters, refer to our Juvenile Fire Setter Page.

Visit the Knox Box website to order your Knox Box online.

For information regarding open burning in the Meridian Fire District please refer to our Open Burning page.

Contact the City of Meridian Building Department at 208-887-2211.

No.  For more information, click here.
IFC section 308.1.6.3.

Starting February 27, 2023 we can no longer accommodate ride-along requests. Please check back in the Fall of 2023.  

© Copyright 2024, Meridian, Idaho. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement Terms of Use Accessibility